Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
2010 Chicago World Cup Festival in Soldier Field
Sunday, July 11, 2010 from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (CDT)
See event details at:
On Sunday July 11th, Soldier Field will become the central location of FIFA World Cup celebrations in Chicago featuring:
- LIVE Broadcast of the South Africa 2010 FIFA World Cup Final match presented by Coca-Cola TM (1:30PM).
- LIVE International Entertainment (all day): Live music and concerts featuring Brasilian Samba, African Percussions, Graffiti Dancers performing on the official FIFA World Cup anthem "Wavin' flag" from K'naan, Joffrey Ballet, Fashion Show, etc.
Amateur youth and adult national teams get together in Soldier Field, to play the finals of the first nationwide amateur Soccer World Cup tournament in the United States.
- Chicago World Cup Finals (starting at 8AM):
- South African World Cup interactive village (all day) Hosted with the support of the South African consulate in Chicago: Multicultural and Soccer related activities
- Chicago French Bastille Day village (all day): The festival will feature french singers, fashion show, musicians, organizations, celebrities, etc, to celebrate the French National day a few days early.
Since 2006, the ChicagoWorld Cup LLC has organized major international events in Chicago such as the Chicago World Cup Soccer tournament and the Chicago French Bastille Day festival.
In 2010, the Chicago World Cup joins forces with the South African consulate to organize "Celebrate Africa, one month of World Cup celebrations in Chicago", featuring viewing parties, multicutural festivals and soccer tournaments.
"Celebrate Africa" will be concluded in Soldier Field on Sunday July 11th with the first "Chicago World Cup Festival, Tournament and Viewing party" in Soldier Field.
Your message has been sent!
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.